- Impulsive trips to Phoenix for lunch at a park and a visit to IKEA
- Elice (my next door neighbor growing up) and her visit while I was in recovery and Danny was in the waiting room
- that Dr Warneke took 2 lymph nodes from the left side so even though one showed cancer cells, we know because the second didn’t!
- flexibility at work for Danny and a compassionate boss and coworkers
- prayers and love from family and friends
- kids who are great sources of something to think about other than the c-word
- a high school friend studying oncology and offering support and information based on her knowledge and passion
- meals to feed my hungry growing kids
- fall weather, open windows and a new screen door on my back porch!
“Consider it a sheer gift, Martha, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you … become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it.” James 1:2-5 (adapted for me by my sweet friend Amber)